Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Bunches Of New Flowers For Fertilizer Friday

It's Fertilizer Friday and everyone is flaunting their flowers so when ya get done here be sure to link over to Tootsies place at the bottom and see what she and everyone else is up to.
I'm going to do something different today
since I just showed close to 60 flowers that were blooming between last FF and
yesterday.
I do, however, have an Aster that is starting to show color. I always thought this was a bush until the other day when reading about them and decided to go look. Well I'll be . . . it's a whole bunch of little bunches that
I was suppose to be dividing every 3-4 years. Wonder how many years I've had it.
Bet I get around 20-30 clumps when I divide it. WoW! Am I gonna have Fall color
in my yard or what next year.


My Delphinium is blooming - for the 2nd time. Me, who's been trying to grow
Delphiniums for 20 years now and only succeeding in killing them faster than the
year before. Now I have one that came back this year (from seed last year) and 2
I bought that haven't died yet. And now one of them is doing this. I think maybe
I've died and gone to (Delphinium) heaven.
I said I was going to do something a little different today. Well I am . . . I'm
going to show flowers I bought yesterday and a couple of days ago. I was in town
and for some reason stopped by Ace Hardware and they had lots of perennials and
the price was right. I only wanted some Asters after discovering I need to
divide mine up and am going to have lots of that one color. But when I started
looking they had soooooo many flowers - so I bought 4. But the more I thought
about it after getting home the more I thought I probably should go back and get
more. I did a few days later and today going to show you what I hauled home.
I'll never get to quit working in the dirt this year if I don't stop this!
This Dahlia only says Dahlia Hybrid so guess it has no name. I hate
when they do that. O'well at least I get to see a Dahlia bloom in my yard this
year. Oh it's sooooooooooooo pretty.

Platycodon Astra Blue Balloon Flower. I know I already have one but it's small and will go
great on the front bank.


Platycodon Astra White Balloon Flower, also for the front bank.

Phlox Scarlet Flame, another bank flower.

Guara Passionate Blush. I had a Guara and just loved it but one year it just didn't
come back. Sure hope this one sticks around.

And this one too. Guara Snow Fountain.

Penstemon Margarita BOP

Nepta Blue Moon Catmint. This one is bushy, it should show up a lot better than my
Walker's Low does. I can't wait to see it next year.

I FINALLY have a daisy! Finally found one that knocked my socks off. Leucanthemum
Superbum Schneehurken Shasta Daisy. I hope that's the right name. My tag fell
through the cracks on the deck (don't ya hate when that happens?) and I looked
this up. I was even at the site where they buy their flowers.

Silene Clifford Moor. I bought another Silene earlier this year and the bloom time is
long so I had to try another one. And this one has pretty varigated leaves which
will be great for a different foliage color in the garden.

Perovskia Atriplicifolia Russian Sage.

Isotoma Blue Star Creeper, another for the front bank.

Pratia County Park. I can't believe this one and the one above are not the same
family.

Ceratostigma Plumbaginoides

Aster Hazy

Aster Dragon

Aster Marie III showing a little color.
Bob's Passion Flower, I don't know if it's going to be a perennial here or not.

Now back to the ones I just bought (threw that Passion Flower in). Only these I'm
going to show now aren't blooming. Still I wanted to finish showing you the
flowers I got, and still have to plant.This is a tiny little Heuchera Canyon Duet. I think I'll have to
put it next to my little tiny Hosta I got earlier this summer. I didn't know
there was a Heuchera this small, only 3 to 6 inches. The bloom may bring the
height up to 12 inches. Yup, teenie weenie just like the Hosta with about 6"
leaves.
Penstemon Blue Buckle - I'm putting the tag with these so you can see what they will look
like.

Penstemon Husker Red Strain

Coneflower Ruby Star
Coneflower Baby Swan White

Coneflower Prairie Splendor

No comments:

Post a Comment