Saturday, September 25, 2010

Sunflowers and Changing Leaves Fertilizer Friday

It's Fertilizer Friday and everyone is flaunting their flowers so when ya get done here be sure to hop on over to Tootsies place at the bottom and see what she and everyone else is up to.
I finally have sunflowers! I started them in milk jugs in February but maybe I didn't take them out of the jugs soon enough because everyone else has had giants for quite some time now. O'well, I have them so that's all that matters.


This is my Rose of Sharon Minerva. She's never grown more than 2 feet tall but always
has beautiful blooms. I think she's small because of tree roots close by so
we're going to move her and see if she won't finally grow up.

The Hardy Lobelia that some critter chewed up is blooming. I really didn't think it
was going to.

Some little violas that are a pretty pink. How nice since all of the others are
always purple.

Thats all I have for flowers but thought I'd show some of the leaves changing that I
saw on the way back from town yesterday. This is such a pretty part of the drive
home. Changing leaves and a kazillion ferns.

But this is my favorite part - the dark mossy covered trees and a little color from
leaves nearby.

No comments:

Post a Comment