Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Tips for African Violets

I recent spoke with someone who's a bit of an
expert on
African Violets. The best pots to use for
Violets is either
plastic or ceramic not clay pots, reason is they
collect to much
salt on the outside of the pot which I have
noticed on 2 of my
violets. Also it is important on the water we
use for violets, tap
water must sit for 24 hours before using, and
any water that goes
through a softner should never be used and in my
case I have well
water which does go through a softner. So I use
distill water now.
If your violets are not blooming you need to
provide more light. Violets
also likes being pot bound, and don't touch
water on their leaves or crown.
Always water violets from the bottom by letting
them sit in a dish of water
for a few minutes and let it drain well. Feed
them African Violet food
about once a month.
After making some changes look how much this
violet has
bloomed, I love just about all varieties of
violets.

No comments:

Post a Comment