Wednesday, May 5, 2010

New Flowers . . .

I went shopping the other day and somehow ended up looking at flowers and
amazingly enough buying new flowers. Hmmmm wonder how
that happened. Well, I'll tell ya . . . I was just going to take a little look
and see what they had and what they had was . . . a clearance section with a few
flowers I love and ridiculous prices. Usually the clearance shelves are full of
dried up ready to choke flowers that I really have to work at for that price to
make them live. But these looked pretty great!


Look at these beautiful pinks and purples - it's like the shelf
was hollaring my name. Somehow I didn't get the individual picture of the
Erysimum Bowles Mauve Wallflower but it's in this group in the front row. At
$1.50 I had to get 4 of them because they are soooooo gorgeous and will fill up
some big empty spaces in my flower beds.
And of course every year I fall for these Mums. It says annual but I thought the
ones I got last year were perennials. I think I'm seeing new growth on them too.
Doesn't matter - these will give me some color for now and I love them! For
$1.25 what could I say. I needed 4 of these too.
After 20 years of living on this property and trying to get Delphiniums to grow I
finally have one that is 3 years old this year. I use
to joke that I bought them only to see if I could break the record of the year
before on how fast I could kill them. So now that I have one plant that survived
a package of seeds I think I can grow more? And these weren't even on sale. Just
fat and bushy and tempting - oh and purple to go with the pinks. They weren't on
sale but a pretty good price and big enough to fill in some empty spaces so I
have to have 2 of them.
Then there was Silene Rolley's Favorite sitting somewhere that I couldn't walk
past. I've seen other people's Silene too many times to let this one slip by me.
Like the Delphinium it wasn't on sale but a really good price and will fill up
empty spaces in the gardens so there's my excuse for 2 of them.
Speaking of new things . . . I took pictures and never did show ya the mugs Mom
brought back for us from her Arizona trip. Here's Bobs and it's all about
retirement.

No comments:

Post a Comment