Monday, September 7, 2009

After The Rain . . .

Thought I'd go out after the downpour and get some pictures with water drops on blooms the other day. So I bundled up because warm it was not, grabbed my camera and off I went out to find the perfect bloom with the perfect droplets for me to capture. Then I remembered (Ding) I didn't have any blooms yet. Right! Well I have some tiny Johnny Jump Ups that are probably smaller than the drops and some Crocuses that have by now croaked! Well here's Sedum Vera Jamison but I don't know how good droplets will show on her with such small foliage. Better give it a try bright girl it's all ya have. Then I found a variety container I had with some Hens and Chicks and ironically enough there was a small web with drops in front of it. Ok I accept - it might work.
There was the little green leaf with pink trim of my Columbine that actually had some pretty good drops on it. No blooms but some drops - I can work with that.
Then out of the corner of my eye I saw something. Color? I turned my head and actually jolted a little as I hollered 'holy crap' I don't believe this. There was nothing here the day before - or was that two days? Who cares! I was just happy it was there and really happy we don't live close enough to anyone that might be outside watching me over here acting like a bumbling idiot in my stupor of excitement.
My pretty pink Azalea was starting to open up. I finally had something blooming that was bigger than a nickel or better yet larger than a quarter. Oh happy day!
No, not starting to open - by cracky it is open. And it even has a few droplets on it!
Ahhhhh it's posing for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment