Monday, September 7, 2009

A Few More Flowers Showing

It was fairly clear a couple of days ago and I was able to walk around and see if anything new was peeking through. I didn't hold my breath as I had already posted quite a few. So I got a little surprise to find my Columbine Clementine Rose was doing well and some Creeping Charlie peeking out behind it. I always thought it was a little tiny Columbine but maybe it just didn't get very big at first because the tag says 14-16" tall. I guess that isn't real tall when I think of some I have that are over 3 feet but I think it was only about 10 or 12 inches if that. If it gets too tall maybe I'll take it out of the old wheelbarrow.
A small group of Crocuses - I believe the spring and fall blooming type. You know the ones that bloom in the spring and then lay all over the ground looking like crap all summer? Looks like something has really been chewing them.
A larger group of smaller Crocuses. Can't remember what they look like.
I stuffed this bucket with Tulips and Daffodils. At least the critters didn't bother them. 19 years ago when we first moved here I bought over 100 Tulip bulbs of all kinds and colors and planted them. Come spring I think I had about 3 show up. I never planted them after that. So this year a friend gave me some and I decided to put them in a container and cross my fingers. I did have 1 other one a friend in Missouri sent me when we exchanged some flowers and it bloomed 1 year. I still have a small bulb from it I stuck in here so I'm anxious to see if it shows.
Some Heather Mediterranean
And my Pulmonaria Smokey Blue I'm glad to see has made it through our winter. I love the way it blooms pink and purple. Perfect for my flower colors.

No comments:

Post a Comment