Monday, September 7, 2009

More Flowers Coming . . .

Here's a view across the bank going to the upper yard. I can't believe it looks so cruddy with orange marks and all - I think my camera is working too good because when you look at the grass it doesn't look that bad. Bob got my bloomin' stairs weeded and I have almost finished the other set. I'll show a view from the opposite direction later when I get them finished and get the path where they lead to my greenhouse cleared of pots with flowers.


We have some natural springs that pop out of the bank when we have too much rain so my flowers on this end kind of fizzle sometimes from being too soggy. We eventually plan to put a pond on the bottom and one on the top with a waterfall in between. Then my plan is to make the rest of the bank solid with flowers in between the 2 stairways. When we designed the deck we put in a set of stairs on each side facing the stairs on the bank.
Looking up from the bank to the upper back yard where I have a raised bed, Lilac tree, Mallow, Rhodies, picnic table and hammock to lay in and enjoy it all.
One of my Verbascums is finally opening up. I think that's a tall purple Campanula next to it.
A close up of the Verbascum opening.
My first Campanula bloom.
Some purple Columbine buds getting ready to open.
My favorite Columbine Cardinal Song almost ready to burst open.
Hardy Bachelor Buttons.
Close up of hardy Bachelor Buttons.

No comments:

Post a Comment