Sunday, August 30, 2009

Birdbaths All Over The Place . . .

I guess it seems kind of goofy to have all of these in a group but the birds use them all and sometimes at the same time. Just like department stores no waiting in line. There is another one in the group (of three) now. My tall mauve one sure needs cleaned after a dirty winter.
This one is a vintage mottled gray enamelware pan. An earlier post showed a robin thinking about a bath in this pan but it had been so cold he had to test the water first.

I have birdbaths everywhere and will be putting out more as I can find them. Most of them are old roasting pans – in fact a couple of them are old as dirt! This pretty little guy is a Western Tanager I caught in between dunks! A smaller blue speckled enamel roasting pan..
I decided to make a double decker out of this larger roasting pan.
Another double decker in the front of the house where I can watch them bathing from my kitchen window.
This is my busiest birdbath – maybe because it is the biggest. They love this one and sometimes wait in line to use it even though I have many more. My Mother gave it to me because she said it was what they bathed me in when they brought me home from the hospital. It sat in the garage for about a year and then I decided I needed to do something with it rather than have it sitting there on a shelf. That’s when I decided it would make a great birdbath. We put it in a place that we can sit at the table having our coffee or outside sitting on the deck and watch them bathe.

No comments:

Post a Comment