Sunday, August 30, 2009

More Wildflowers Close By . . .

I'm going to start off with one I already showed in my last wildflower post but this is a different area. I showed a place that had 100's or 1000's of Yellow Flags, or wild Irises. It was the biggest showing. I had passed this place on my way to town but kept forgetting to look at it. Well, the other day I did and it has to be 2 or 3 times as big as the other place. I had to take 2 pictures to get most of it. Wonder how many thousands of Wild Irises are blooming here. The other half of the same place.
I kept seeing these orange flowers blooming on our road.
The neighbor said they are Wild Honeysuckles.
I found a nice close one back by the fence and it's growing up in the neighbors tree.
I don't know what this one is - maybe one of you do. It's growing in with my Forget Me Nots and Bob was nice enough to leave it there when weeding. I'm getting that boy trained real good!
The Wild Lupines are just about finished blooming now.
These aren't far from our place.
But heading into town on Interstate Five is this huge area of them blooming. I cut them off on top because of all the unsightly equipment right above them. But you can see what a great show they are putting on for people travelling by.
I guess these are a different wild Rose.
There are big shows of them everywhere around here.

No comments:

Post a Comment