Sunday, August 30, 2009

Fertilizer Friday - What's Blooming?

It's Fertilizer Friday so be sure and go over and visit our hostess Tootsie and see what's blooming in everyone's gardens after fertilizing religiously every Friday! Join in on the fun while you're there too. This Columbine I don’t know the name of but notice how 2 blooms grow differently. One is looking straight ahead and the bottom one is pointed up.

Everytime I think I’ve shown Snow In Summer in full bloom, I haven’t! Now it’s blooming! And it really stands out next to the blue Lithodora and the hot pink Neon Star Dianthus

A little Weigela I started and put where I needed something good sized. It’s not even a foot tall but blooming really great!

The color isn’t quite as deep rose in the picture as our Peony really is but still pretty.


A beautiful white Iris a friend gave me last year. And a purple one below it.

The Siberian Irises are blooming in purple and lavender and I have 1 mauve colored one.



The Deer got Cardinal Song up by my greenhouse but yippee they missed this one in front of our house. They got it last year when I brought it home brand new with 20 or more blooms on it and would you believe every bloom came back? I was amazed!
This Columbine didn’t get shown yesterday in my new flowers. I bought it to replace the first one the deer ate. It’s the same style but not as bright color and also has a white bloom too. Are there 2 flowers mixed together like that other one? It’s called Origami Pink & White

The carnations are starting to bloom.
Last is my pink rhodie – by the time it’s in full bloom it looks like cotton candy but I didn’t catch it at the right time.


No comments:

Post a Comment