Sunday, August 30, 2009

A Friends Yard - Great Wisterias

I thought it would be fun to take pictures of a friends yard. It's a really laid back place to spend an afternoon relaxing and watching the birds.

This is the first of 2 huge Wisteria vines. This one, in her front yard is a pink one. A closer shot of the flowers - click to see it even closer.
A Weeping Cherry
Siberian Irises, Columbines and Sedums.
Her wall of bird houses and other things.
The Wisteria in her back yard is purple and draped over a building they put in as a shaded sitting area where you can relax and enjoy the pond in front of it.
A red Maple of some kind - she wasn't sure but looks very much like my Crimson King Maple.
Chives
She's like me and plants Semps and Sedums in a number of different things.
And more . . . I didn't take pictures of the pond because they are re-doing it. They've had so much trouble with racoons and other critters eating their fish and destroying everything around the pond they've had to change it.
A primitive little bench.
Some hanging baskets she made in her greenhouse.
She gave me a Wisteria seed of the purple - later she gave me more seeds of the pink. In only a couple of weeks this had grown about 5 inches until the deer came and decided they wanted to chew it off. They stop at nothing - even the tiniest plant!
Then she said she had something to show me next door. We went over to her neighbors house and there was the prettiest Wisteria she had trained to be a small tree. It is just beautiful and the answer to the problem of what to do with mine. I didn't really want the heavy weight climbing on anything around here. Now I can have a pink one and a purple one!
Here's a lighter shot from another angle where you can see it better. She said the branches shoot out on their own making it like a tree.
I can't wait for mine to get bigger now with this plan.

No comments:

Post a Comment