Thursday, July 16, 2009

The Birds Are Finally Coming . . .

I haven't posted in a couple of days because I thought I was going to be without a computer but as it turns out it won't be quite yet. If it does happen unexpectedly and I don't leave comments or thank you's know that I will as soon as I get back online.

I've finally got some birds showing up. And who came first but my 'lil chocolate guy. He seems a little lighter this early in the season so I can see his markings a bit better. I think he's a Wren of some sort. Last summer he was so dark I just couldn't tell for sure.

I was inside and heard this song and went to the window and there he was just a singin' a way like he always does. I think he has the prettiest song of all the birds we get up here. And he's so free with it like he knows how much I enjoy listening to him.


Here you can see him singing a little tune . . .

Then came a Robin and stood on the birdbath thinking about if he wanted to take a bath bad enough in this cold weather with the snow barely melted.

So he stuck his toe in to check it out . . .

Then put a little more in . . .

And finally decided to take the dive. Poor Mr. Squirrel behind him was kinda cute until all the birds decided he was great to clean their beaks on.

No comments:

Post a Comment