Friday, July 17, 2009

A Vase For Every Bouquet

I thought I'd do a post on the variety of vases I have. Not because they are so beautiful but because I just keeping getting more. I'll start with the ones I have for giving a bouquet to a friend and not needing to ask for my vase back - and save the best for last.

These are pretty plain but I can pick them up inexpensively and when giving a bouquet to someone I don't need to have it back. Some are plastic, some are bottles and there are some glass ones too. A couple didn't make it into the picture like the neat clear plastic cut glass vase. It looks just like cut glass until you touch it.
The blues and cobalts that I like to use for our bouquets here at the house.
A variety of colors, shapes and sizes.
Some crackled vases either from being vintage or just made to look that way. The pitcher is yellow crackle glass and I'm really not sure if it's old or not.
A couple of vintage decorator pieces. The smaller one from West Germany has built in holes to place flowers in and arrange.
Now for my personal favorites that will never be used to hold flowers but they are vases. I have a small collection of vintage head vases that I just adore.
My daughter thought I needed a 'body' vase to go with all of my head vases. How cute is that?
And last a bouquet that Bob picked to take to Mom on Father's Day. With the whole family over to see Dad he thought she needed a bit of extra attention with all she is going through right now with my Father being sick. She just loved it and especially knowing that Bob picked and arranged it just for her.

No comments:

Post a Comment