Thursday, July 16, 2009

Took A Drive Pictures . . .

I made a quick trip into town yesterday because a friend of mine was having a birthday. I worked out in the yard as long as I could, to take advantage of the beautiful day we had, before leaving. A lot of the time the mountains are overcast and there are no pictures to take but yesterday Mt. St. Helens was showing pretty good.

In the same place where I took the picture of Mt. St. Helens I also have a nice view of Mt. Rainier which was looking pretty good too

After I got into my car at my friends house I saw birds sitting on her weeping cherry tree. They looked like some I don't get at my place so I decided to snap a few pictures. I was sitting in the car and it was running so that doesn't make for the best picture with the vibration and all and I was farther away than I like to be when taking pictures of birds. But o'well I just can't control myself sometimes - I have to at least snap and see if they turn out or not! Here's a little hummingbird at one of her window feeders.

Not sure what this one is but it looked pretty sitting there with an arch over him!

Same with this one. This one is a male House Finch.

A beautiful Heather lined driveway down the street from where she lives. Also some trees and shrubs. I'd like to go back later when other things are blooming.

I saw a little bit of Aubretia blooming and it reminded me of a place with the biggest show that I love to check out every year so I headed over to the Post Office where it is blooming across the street. I think maybe I'm a bit early because as a rule you can't see any green in the purple when this is in full bloom. It really pops out at ya doesn't it? Aubretia looks fantastic when it's blooming but isn't very attractive the rest of the year.

No comments:

Post a Comment