Wednesday, July 8, 2009

The Chipmunk's At It Again - What Next?

Yesterday morning I caught the chipmunk hanging over the edge of the birdbath with his little rear sticking up while he got a drink. It was so cute I ran to get my camera. By the time I got back he was gone. A quick glance around the deck and I saw him next to some newly planted Sedum starts. I had been sick over the weekend and couldn't do much so I pinched a few from my Sedum Bertram Anderson and stuck them in the soil out on the deck. I was too sick to go much farther but had wanted to get out in the sunshine and do a little after a couple of days.
All of a sudden he jumped up into my little 5" pot and the fun began. I started snapping pictures while laughing and thinking this little snot has his nerve.

Then he turned around (they are so fast) and it looked like a start was in his mouth and if you click on this picture for the close view you'll see his face is just covered with dirt clear up to his eyes.

Practically before I knew it dirt was flying everywhere one more time. Again, in the close up you can actually see the dirt flying and you can see one of the plants is now sadly hanging over the edge of the pot!

At this point I decided we needed to have a little talk so I opened the door and asked him what he thought he was doing. He sat there and listened to me. I said I didn't think it was really great that he was flinging dirt and plants everywhere.

Now he's in the other pot and his ears went straight up when he heard that I was getting more serious about him knocking this mischief off. But in the meantime I'm still snapping pictures.

Then he was off to find some more trouble to get into. It's just a shame he's so cute while he's doing it. I hate to think about what other new flowers I've just planted out of my view that he's having fun digging up.

Now to see how much damage has been done. How much could it be there were just small little starts and that's why I wasn't too worried about it while taking pictures. But as you can see below he was one busy little guy with plants hanging over the side and a couple of them laying on the bench.

No comments:

Post a Comment