Friday, July 17, 2009

More Flowers . . .

I picked up some Begonias the other day to put in my front porch containers which are pretty shaded but do get some early morning sun. I haven't used Begonias there before but had one in the front flowerbed not far from the porch and it got the same lighting. I have a Begonia I hold over every year but haven't seen any sign of life on it yet so . . .

I bought this light pink almost white one with darker pink trim around the edges. For a long time I couldn't find Begonias that fit my color scheme but now I find more that come close. Those of you who know me have mentioned spotting a trend with my flowers. Pink, fuchsia, blue, purple, wine, mauve and the 'cool color' list goes on. But as you've seen from the beautiful tub of yellow daffodils a friend gave me and farther down in these pictures I'm trying to expand. Now that the flowers showing on both roads that go front and side of our property are all matching I can add some different colors in the middle. And a darker pink one to go close by in the same area.
A small pink Dahlia for a container on my deck in the back - this looks a little brighter than it really is but you get the idea.
Another small pink Dahlia for the deck.
My Hostas are starting to leap now and getting tall. I noticed they are starting to open up.
This Sedum Blue Spruce is really changing colors and growing like crazy.
It almost looks like it's ready for fall again now. Hope it goes back to blue/green like it's suppose to.
This is Saxifraga London Pride and I got the pictures switched around. Here you can see the blooms growing about 4" or more up out of the florettes.
In the picture above (for some reason I can't type above it) you can see the new green growth coming up from the yellower old growth. Huge florettes just popped right out this spring. See I am getting some yellow incorporated into my gardens and I love this one!
Below is the bloom on the London Pride. Pretty wine color but I believe this one blooms yellow.
Since not much is blooming at my place yet I couldn't resist taking a picture of my Mother's Daphne. Too bad it isn't scratch and sniff because it smells wonderful. So far I've killed 3 Daphnes so I don't know if I'll try another one or not. I probably will . . .
Because they are so beautiful.
This Magnolia tree of my neighbors was just starting to bloom one day . . .
Then just seemed to open right up the next day. This tree in a bit darker rose color is on my wish list for the back yard.

No comments:

Post a Comment