Thursday, July 16, 2009

Critters . . . That Let Us Share The Yard

The chipmunks sit under the bird feeders and get seed then go sit on the woodpile and eat. This particular time they were under a feeder that is over gravel - how they can get seed out of the rocks is beyond me but as you can see by the puffy cheeks they don't go hungry.

I know most of the birds that come here but have never figured out which one this is. I call him my little chocolate guy. He hangs out in the bird bath and on the deck entertaining us. He is just hilarious to watch after a bath because he does the funniest contortions. And in between each one he stops and sings a bit.


One day I caught him laying in my Sedum Purple Form. What could I say when he looked so comfortable.
Sometimes ya just gotta do what ya gotta do . . .The deer are under the mistaken impression that we have put in a big salad bar just for them. Seems they like all of the same flowers in the yard that I like. It's been a big war for years but we've finally found something that works where we can enjoy watching them but not have to worry about everything disappearing.
BUSTED!!!
This particular day there were about 5 of them and each had his own favorite. This one is going for a Bergenia that still hasn't recovered completely.

Nibbling on some Vinca (Periwinkle).
And this one is at the top of my bloomin' stairs that are filled with Wooley Thyme.


I know these last 2 pictures aren't very good because they were moving but the little fawn is so precious I just had to put them on

No comments:

Post a Comment